Molly Burke: Motivation Speaker
- Molly Burke, age 20, has shared a stage with the likes of Al Gore, Demi Lovato and Malala Yousafzai. But before she began telling her story of overcoming vision loss, bullying and mental illness to crowds of 20,000, she had hit rock bottom. Maclean’s Magazine named her one of Canada’s future leaders for her inspirational talks on bullying and life without vision. We welcome Molly Burke to BT.
Rubiks Cube Dudes
- This year, fans are celebrating the Rubik’s Cube’s 40th Birthday Bash with numerous events around the globe, including a “Beyond Rubik’s Cube” exhibition at New Jersey Liberty Science Centre and a Google Doodle tribute to the iconic game. Theodore Chow, Mark Nie, Alexander Mutch, and Zach Goldthorpe join Ryan in studio.
Nadine Riopel: The Savvy Do-Gooder
- Have you been looking for ways to be easier on the environment? You may not need to look any further than your own home. We’re joined by Nadine Riopel and Godo Stoyke.
LIVE AT City Arts Centre with the City of Edmonton
- Adults can go back to school too this fall!! Lots going on at the CITY ARTS CENTRE! “The City Arts Centre offers art programs in Garneau and at a variety of recreation centres throughout the city. Try your hand at painting, drawing, pottery, dance, stained glass, cooking, and silversmithing” Now offer fun Friday night classes, and Nov. 1 is the first day of Registration for Winter 2015 classes- New centres opening up soon: Meadows and Clareview, offering lots of great programs there too.
Elizabeth Manuel: Happiness Expert
- Joyologist Elizabeth is here to talk to Ryan about missing the true spirit of Thanksgiving and how it could be a harmful to our health and happiness.
Chef Charla Padilla: Madison’s Grill
- It’s a bountiful feast made with local ingredients… and it’s all going to benefit the Bissell Centre. Tune in for a preview of Chef Collab Dinner.
LIVE at Theatre Garage
- Halloween is officially 30 days away and we are at the one place to get your costume ready! Fashion shows, make-up tips and GORE GALORE will be on parade all AM long – it’s going to be awesome!! One of our favourite places in the city to get creative, Theatre Garage opened several years ago by two women who work in the theatre and know ALOT about theatrics!
Career Change with Blenda Sorensen
- Changing careers may be easier than you think. We welcome Blenda Sorensen to go over the finer points of taking that next step in your life.
2014 Alberta Employment & Career Fair
Edmonton EXPO Centre
Friday Oct 3rd from 10am – 6pm
Saturday Oct 4th from 10am – 4pm
6 Minute Warning
- They’re a six part vocal sensation and you’ve probably never heard of them. Back for the first time, we have Six Minute Warning.
6 Minute Warning – Back For the First Time
October 5th at 7:30pm
LIVE at Art Gallery of Alberta
- Great new exhibit and shows at the AGA opening for the fall and Bridget is there to give us a sneak peek.
Dove Campaign: Michelle Peter-Jones
- A superstar in every day life, Michelle get’s the world attention today. We welcome Michelle Peter-Jones of the Campaign for Real Beauty.
BT Parenting Panel
- Navigating the parenting world can be daunting. So much information on the do’s and don’ts. Our BT Panel weighs in on the topics of the day and because of their varying perspectives, things get interesting.
LIVE at Third Street Beat
- Founded in 2001 by Mark Ward & Luke Geldert. The company was named 3rd Street Beat to recognize the 3rd person in the partnership who inspired Mark and Luke to create a Hip Hop business: Lori Todd. What started with a single class and seven pupils has turned into a force on the competition scene in Canada, and beyond.
The Hundred Year Road Documentary
- Every day thousands of people make the routine trip from Edmonton to Calgary… try to imagine that same journey one hundred years ago with a finicky car and just your wits. Two locals made that trip this summer and CITY was there to capture it all. Ray Fowler and Pat McKenna from the documentary are here to talk to our award winning hosts.
Kurt Spenrath: Director, The Match
- They’re professional wrestlers.. and they’re living in our own backyard. We welcome members of the Prairie Wrestling Alliance to talk about a new documentary, The Match.
PWA Wrestling presents FALL FEVER
Northgate Lions Rec Center
Saturday September 27th 2014
Doors @ 7, Bell time 7:30 PM
Garrett Wang: Edmonton Comic & Entertainment Expo
- Garrett is appearing all three days of the Expo, and is actually moderating several panels at the show, including MC’ing the costume contest on Saturday evening.
The official Edmonton Comic & Entertainment Expo fan page. Join us September 26-28 2014.
Check us out on Twitter: @Edmontonexpo for MORE news & updates!
BT Bachelor Panel
- Trevor, Katy and Tanara are back and they are going to talk to Ryan about all the drama that has unfolded already, in week two of the Bachelor Canada.
Caritas Lottery Show Home
- This is the 22nd year of the Caritas Foundation Lottery. Over the years the lottery has raised over $24.5 million for the Edmonton General Continuing Care Centre, Grey Nuns Community Hospital and the Misericordia Community Hospital. Proceeds from the 2014 Lottery will support Covenant Health’s Palliative End of Life Care Institute and the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at the Misericordia Hospital.
VUE Best of Edmonton issue
- We cover Top Ten most hotly contested votes in VUE’s Best of Edmonton. Bright, Ryan and the show as a whole are nominated!
Kevin Kossowan: Director, Springhammer
- A springhammer is a tool the blacksmiths use to hammer steel rod into a knife. And, aside from being a cool band name, it’s also a documentary made by Edmonton’s own Kevin Kossowan. He joins us at 7:10am.
Brittany Watts: Harvest Micro-Greens
- Brittany Watts stops by to give us a taste of what she will be teaching in her upcoming workshop at the dig-in horticulinary festival.
Dig In Horticulinary Festival
Dates: October 10th & 11th, 2014
Location: St Albert
Go Fund Shawn Bernard
- On April 25, 2014 Shawn Bernard was on his way to Saddle Lake, Alberta to do a performance and motivational speech, and while giving a ride to his ex in-laws was brutally stabbed in the neck. He is now a quadriplegic, unable to feel from the chest down with minimal use of arms and hands. He’s unable to work and can’t support his 5 children. Please help donate anything you can in-order to get Shawn out of the hospital and into a wheelchair friendly home. Every little bit helps.
LIVE at Rexall Place
- After a worldwide tour seen by over 8 million people in 217 cities, the stunning theatrical event WALKING WITH DINOSAURS – The Arena Spectacular is back! Internationally renowned designers have worked with scientists to create 20 life-size dinosaurs including the terror of the ancient terrain, Tyrannosaurus Be amazed and thrilled as the greatest creatures ever to walk the earth return before your eyes.
Sorin Mihailovici: Scam Detector
- A new device launched three weeks ago on the tech market. It reads how you put your PIN. Sorin will explain how it works and also show you how you can get into some passcode trouble.
- You have just purchased your brand new home and now you want to furnish it. With all the new trends out there, how do you decide on a design style. We have design specialist joining us with some advice on how to choose the look that works best for you.
LIVE at Arts Days at the Jubilee Auditorium
- The Alberta Jubilee Auditorium Society is pleased to present an evening of arts, programmed by some of the most prestigious arts organizations. We are excited to partner with Theatre Garage, Theatre Alberta, Alberta Music, Guru Digital Arts College, Edmonton Opera, and many more. Explore our world class facility with backstage tours, get some musical insight from local performers, and enjoy some food from Bully Food Truck and One Cool Cookie. Come on down, bring your friends and family and spend an evening with Art Before Dark
ARTS DAYS !
Friday September 26, 2014
Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium
5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Admission is FREE
Randall MacDonald: Call the Kettle Black
- You don’t need to make a mountain out of a tablescape. As Randall MacDonald of Call the Kettle Black will show us, you can use simple items that are lying around your house.
Joanne Ellard: ATCO Blue Flame Kitchen
- You think it’s a tough task to create a nice hearty meal in the evening? Well we have Joanne in studio to show you how to set it and forget it, with a slow cooked Lasagna in a crock-pot. ATCO Blue Flame is next.
LIVE at Soul Spin
- People SWEAR by their cycling routines as one of the most effective forms of fitness. This spin class feels far more like a disco and Bridget is going to get into the mix tomorrow and see just how much sweat happens in a SPIN CLASS!!