Adriana Barros: Farm 2School, Healthy Choice Fundraiser
- This fundraiser encourages students and children to sell vegetable bundles to family and friends that are delivered directly to any school or daycare in Alberta. There are two veggie bundles available that cost $12 or $22 and each school or daycare keeps 50% of the total sales. The other 50% of sales go back to local vegetable growers.
Hockey Culture Panel
- John has covered hockey for 30 years, seen everything there is to see. He possesses a treasure chest of experiences. He has worked in Ottawa, Montreal and been here since 1999. A former sports editor, writer and now columnist, he’s been there, done that, more than once. His insider’s perspective is nicely offset by Colin Oberst, writer of the HNIC anthem Canadian Gold and a super fan.
Healthy Food Relationship
- Find yourself struggling with your diet or delicious decision making? We welcome Rosalyn Fung with 5 Tips to Have a Healthier Relationship with Food.
Brian Jean: Wildrose Leader
- Everyone takes a chance on the BT couch to present their platform, but also answer questions that are still unresolved. Brian Jean is up next.
- Just like that, we’re less than a month away from a provincial election. While candidates have hit the ground running on the campaign trails, we’ve brought in three of the heavy-hitters in political thinking. We welcome Paula Simons, Dave Cournoyer and Steven Dollansky.
Colin and Justin from ‘Cabin Pressure’
- Colin & Justin’s Cabin Pressure on Cottage Life is all about ‘Upscale Upcycling’ and turning things from old to new in Cabin Pressure Season 2.
Live at Invention Convention
- Put on by The Learning Partnership, the Invention Convention has been running annually in Edmonton for the past 6 years! It showcase the inventions of 450 students with approximately 150 inventions being displayed.
Apple Watch Marketing
- The Apple Watch launches tomorrow and we’re all biding our time for what could be the biggest watch in history. We welcome marketing expert Ryan Holtz on what to watch for.
Simon Gervais: Author, The Thin Black Line
- From undercover to book cover, former federal agent and specialist tasked with protecting Queen Elizabeth II, US President Barack Obama, and Chinese President, Hu Jianto joins us to discuss his début novel.
Justin Jackson: Professional Dance Artist
- He’s the nine-time tap dancing champ in Canada and he’s been called one of the best tap dancers of his time. We welcome the generational toe tapper, the Connor McDavid of tap, Justin Jackson.
Live at William Hawrelak Park
- 2015 Sport Chek Mother’s Day Run, Walk & Ride is on May 10th and were talking to some of the amazing organizers, volunteers and beneficiaries of this fundraiser.
2015 Sport Chek Mother’s Day Run, Walk & Ride
Sunday, May 10, 2015
Hawrelak Park (9330 Groat Road)
- What would you do if you’d get a call from the Government telling they can’t process your taxes because somebody else ALREADY filed in your name? You’d probably freak out. You might freak out more when you find out it’s a scam.
NHL Playoff Fodder with John MacKinnon
- The Sports Columnist with The Edmonton Journal discusses McDavid, the playoffs and the effectiveness of the Oilers management.
Edmonton Pet Parrot Show
- Bird lovers unite and flock to the Parrot show, April 25 at the Ramada Inn South from 10am -6pm! Share stores and maybe even hear a tip or two from our feathered friends. Ian Sprague and Janine Couture from the Edmonton Pet Parrot Association join us this morning.
David Swann: Liberal Leader
- He’s the interim leader of a party that was one of the least prepared for the coming election. We welcome David Swann to argue for your support of the Alberta Liberal party.
Food Fight: Toast Fine Catering vs. S’Wich Food Truck
- It’s a bi-monthly battle between Edmonton’s top foodies. And it’s happening this weekend. In preparation for a Food Fight coming this weekend, we welcome Alexei Boldireff and Spencer Thompson to battle it out in the BT Kitchen.
Edmonton Food Fight
A chef vs. chef culinary battle.
Friday, 24 April 2015 from 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Live at World Gym
- Getting ready for summer, but more importantly getting your body balanced is on the agenda today. Low impact workouts that garner maximum results!
E4C School Lunch Program
- Saturday Fundraiser for Edmonton’s school lunch program (E4C) at a local boutique. Owner of that boutique is 67-year old Liliana and she’s has already raised 52-thousand dollars by: climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro, and by selling accessories in her store.
Dogs with Wings
- They open doors, they help people dress, navigate traffic…all in a day’s work for service dogs like Oakley. We chat about a very special member of the theatre community and her special companion.
Learn about Volunteering
Monday, April 20th at 6 pm
Stanley A Milner Library
Get Ready for Inclusion Today (GRIT)
- Life with a disabled child can come with innumerable challenges. But helping the child fit in can be oen of the biggest. We welcome GRIT to talk about their goal of inclusion for all.
Hope and Harmony Fundraiser
Royal Alberta Museum
Saturday April 18th at 6:00pm
Edmonton Poetry Festival
- These people definitely know their assonance from a hole in the ground. We welcome two performers from the Edmonton Poetry Festival.
Edmonton Poetry Festival
April 19 to April 26, 2015
Paid and free events throughout the city.
ATCO Blue Flame
- Get your meatball fix…but get rid of the gluten. we have Krista Gray on with ATCO to show you how to make steamed pork meatball lettuce wraps.
Live at Holt Renfrew
- Canada’s ShoeRu Ron White is coming to Edmonton to launch his men’s and women’s collections at Holt Renfrew on Saturday, April 18 and Ashley Docking is walking the walk all morning on BT.
Career Transition Consultant
- Mary-Lou Hamilton is an independent career transition specialist and coach with extensive experience in helping people impacted by job loss take a thoughtful next step in their career.
- Too much estrogen upsets the body’s delicate balance of hormones. Dr. Lisa McGiven, naturopathic doctor and registered nurse, specializing in women’s health is here to help us make sense of estrogen overload.
Citie Ballet Performance
- This performance will include several children from the Kids with Cancer organization, who will be performing alongside the dancers as part of the Dream Experience program.
Tickets at TIX in the square!
- One week done, three more to go. We check in with our BT Election Panel on how things are shaping up early on.
Live at Kiwanis Music Festival
- The 107th annual music festival is the oldest in Canada and is sponsored by the Kiwanis Club of Edmonton since 1963. With close to 2000 festival entries – individual and group, approximately 250 teachers, over 100 volunteers and 21 adjudicators, the festival is one of the largest and most successful in Canada. Well qualified Fine Arts teachers and students are provided the opportunity to develop sufficient skills and knowledge to pursue a significant level of achievement and understanding in a chosen area. The festival provides an opportunity to perform for others, see and hear the performances of others, and learn from adjudicators.
107th Annual Edmonton Kiwanis Music Festival
April 13th to May 1st
Buck A Burpee
- He blew the roof off his $7500 goal last year. Now, he’s upped his goal to over $20,000. We welcome Scott Weller to give us more on his Buck A Burpee Campaign.
End MS Ride
- He just got back from a 1000km ride in the Canadian Arctic to raise money for MS. We welcome Jasper Fire Chief, Greg Van Tighem.
Youth Talent Show
- You won’t believe the talent coming up on BT all from people who aren’t even old enough to vote. We welcome Brittany Graling and Sperformers of the Edmonton Youth Talent Show.
Live at Summer Camps for Science Kids – University of Alberta
- The Faculty of Science has partnered with content experts in the Department of Computing Science, the Institute for Space Science, Exploration and Technology (ISSET), the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada (RASC), the Department of Biological Sciences and the University of Alberta Dino Lab to bring you another jam-packed summer full of exciting opportunities for learning and discovery. Home to some of the best scientific minds and materials on the planet, so campers will be learning from leading scientists and researchers, with access to world-class research labs, museums, and specimens. It’s a summer science experience you won’t want to miss!
Emily Mardell Registered Dietitian
- Springtime is the perfect opportunity to get back in rhythm and to take steps towards better digestive health.
Spring Trends with Mojo Design Inc.
- Spring colours are in… and ready to make a big splash in your living room. We welcome Leigh Wright with Mojo Designs with the top trends for 2015.
Live at GLOW Juicery
- Ashley Dockings is at Glow Juicery seeing how to squeeze more out of your day for anyone seeking wellness and thoughtful, healthy choices!
Medicine Cabinet Makeover
- If your medicine cabinet is full and you can’t remember the last time you cleaned it out, Sherry Torkos, pharmacist and author of the Canadian Encyclopaedia of Natural Medicine is here to help. She will share with us some tips for a medicine cabinet makeover, including some natural remedies to have on hand for common health concerns.
Trevor Soll: Edmonton Valley Zoo
- Not a morning person? Roll out of bed and just show up in your PJs and you’ll fit right in Join the fun at the first annual What’s Your Wild 5K/1K charity run event on Sunday, April 12th as participants and families run/walk to benefit the Valley Zoo Development Society!
70′s Spring Fashion Trends
- While some label it “groovy” others call it downright “gaudy”. Kristi Sainchuk shows us how to pull off this spring’s 70s-inspired fashion trend!
Winners and Losers
- It’s recently completed an off-Broadway tour in NYC and received rave reviews. Now it’s here in our city. We welcome the writers/performers Marcus Youssef and James Long, of Winners and Losers.
April – 9,10,11 and 16,17,18, 2015 – The Club
Chris Cooper: Finn and Burnsie
- If you make it, they will come. The Handmade Revolution is back in town! We welcome Chris with Finn and Burnsie to give us a linocut demo.
LIVE at with Paddy O’Neill
- Some of those home fixes may seem daunting, but they’re easier than you think! Expert handyman Paddy O’Neill shows you how to tackle those small projects to get your home in tip-top shape.