Tommy Kalita: Cash mob Edmonton
- Cash Mob Edmonton is settings its sights on High Street businesses ailing amid the 102 Avenue bridge closure. We welcome organizer Tommy Kalita.
David Mulroney: Author, “Middle Power, Middle Kingdom”
- Could our relationship with China be threatening our future? We welcome Former Ambassador to China David Mulroney to talk about how important it is to work with China even though they do hold different values than us in some respects.
Today from 1:30pm-2:30pm
University of Alberta
Telus Centre Room 143
Nadine Riopel, Savvy Do-Gooder & Nicole Roewen, The Spirited Thrifter
- Looking to pinch pennies? Second-hand style could be the way to go! We welcome the Savvy Do-Gooder with a new wardrobe for under $100.
- Hosting a new free monthly comedy show at the Buckingham called Funny Business on the last Tuesday of every month, Robyn Slack and Josh Cross join BT to preform this morning.
Vanessa Pouliot: Glow Yoga Kids
- Why downward dog, warrior pose, and tree pose could be the best way to recharge your kids this spring break. Don’t get caught up doing the same old routine, get out of your comfort zone and show us your sun salutation.
LIVE at Ardrossan Recreation Complex
- Alberta Junior Female Hockey League hosting the upcoming Western Canadian Tournament this weekend. The AJFHL was established in 2009 for female hockey players 18-21 years old so that they can continue playing hockey at a competitive level after midget. Its founding members included: Sherwood Park, Fort Saskatchewan, Irma, Spruce Grove, Red Deer, Wainwright and Edmonton. Tanara checks in with one of the teams this morning!
Western Canada Fashion Week
- Western Canada Fashion Week is celebrating year 10 and this morning we are joined by some of the talented designers that are involved with this year’s event.
- They’re an Edmonton motorcycle company making waves across North America. We welcome the guys behind Federal Motorcycles
Chef Gail Hall: Seasoned Solutions
- Peruvian cuisine, straight from the source! Gail Hall cooks up something authentic after returning from her culinary adventure.
LIVE at See Spot Run Doggy Daycare and Training
- Annelie Hilton and one of her colleagues are going to the dog agility world championships in Italy in April. They’ll show us thier dog runs and how you can get your dog to be an agility champion, or just practice at home for fun.
LIVE at Dance Fusion with Dil Se
- Ziyah’s goes live for this edition of Diverse City with Dil Se performers gearing up for their cultural show Sunday at the Myer Horowitz Theatre.
- Accomplished community educator and leader Mohamed El Daly will discuss his success and passion in working with underprivileged youth. He makes math and science the next great adventure, touches on racism as an Egyptian Canadian and Muslim father in Edmonton, stressing why education can better society.
Dream Interpretations: Irene Martina
- Dreams can be powerful and can have a deeper meaning than what you’d expect. Irene will decipher the stories you see while you’re sleep.
Bernadette Vandenborn: Egg Farmer
- Eggs are great–packed with 14 nutrients and vitamins, a cheap and filling way to get a healthy breakfast. We have an Albertan egg farmer in studio to cook up an easy Easter brunch and show us a colourful way to display your hard boiled eggs at Easter breakfast.
LIVE at Foundry Gym
- Learning to protect yourself, while getting in shape? Yes please. Tanara is at the Foundry Gym to speak with Misty Shearer.
Rogers Home Town Hockey
- The hockey festival is back in Alberta and Tara Sloan and Ron MacLean are joined by some popular friends. Mark Messier, Paul Brandt and Taylor Hall takes over the #hometownhockey Twitter account.
Scott Hennig: Canadian Taxpayers Federation
- Is the provincial budget a boon or just what the doctor ordered? Scott Hennig from the Canadian Taxpayers Federation has his say on the show today.
Janis Galloway: Dress Me Dearly
- Want to add a bit of flash to your spring wardrobe? Janis Galloway is here to help. She promotes prints and shows you how to do it without looking like all kinds of wrong.
LIVE at Greenland Garden Centre
- Whether you need to freshen up your entrance for spring, or are just looking to try a new activity with your kids, Greenland Garden Centre has got you covered this morning.
Hoarding in Canada
- What would you do if one of your loved ones was buried up to their waist in garbage? We welcome hoarding expert Christiana Bratiotis on how to help hoarders.
Chaldeans Mensah: Political Science Professor, MacEwan University
- With details of the Alberta budget being announced today, Chaldeans Mensah tells us what we should be expecting to see change.
Sergio Turlione of Rigoletto’s Cafe
- An apple never falls far from the tree. But the farfelle won’t fall from Sergio Turlione. We have bow-tie pasta coming up this morning.
Live at Burger’s Priest
- Burger’s Priest has seven locations in the greater Toronto area, and has expanded to western Canada with it’s first restaurant in Edmonton.
F.E.D. U.P. YEG
- Kira Buro and Skylar Niehaus, Edmonton bloggers and students, tackle sexism in the service industry. Giving women a forum to express concerns and frustrations.
Garlic Festival Month
- Sorrentino’s 24th annual Garlic Festival on the entire month of April. The fest will help raise funds for construction of the new Buchanan Centre for Parkinson’s. The $5-million wellness centre — the first of its kind in Canada — for those suffering from Parkinson’s disease is set to open this year in June.
Visiting the Roxy Theatre
- Bridget checks in with the staff of Theatre Network to chat about life after the Roxy. This year is Theatre Network’s 40th Anniversary Season, who specializes in producing contemporary Canadian stories.
Mayor’s Celebration of the Arts
- The Mayor’s Celebration of the Arts has just announced its incredible nominees. The Organizer of the event stop by to talk about the nominations as well as the line up of incredible entertainment that night.
The 28th Annual Mayor’s Celebration of the Arts
Monday, April 20 at 7pm Winspear Centre
BT Parent Panel: How Do You Discipline?
- Parenting experts now say time outs are…OUT…so what’s left? How do you discipline your kids?
Kim Fjordbotten with The Paint Spot
- Our Partner in Art, Kim Fjordbotten joins us in studio with a great art project to help us get rid of the winter blues.
The Paint Spot
10032 81 Avenue
Live at St. Josaphat Cathedral
- The Alberta Council for the Ukrainian Arts (ACUA) presents an Easter Artist & Craft Market and Easter Workshops on Saturday, March 28 from 10 am to 4 pm at the Kilarney Community Hall (8720 130A Avenue). This timely event will teach participants the tricks to mastering traditional Ukrainian Easter customs.The workshops include pysanka making for various levels, pascha (Easter bread) baking, the art of creating butter lambs and more. Bohdan’s Ukrainian Foods will be on site with food available for purchase, and the Easter artist and craft market will be stocked with treasures offered by a diverse range of vendors including Orbit Company and Sandra’s Old World Charm.
For more information:
Coloured Perception with Karolina Zitnansky Image Consultant
- It’s international Colour Day tomorrow. Are you putting your best shade forward? We welcome Image Consultant Karolina Zitnansky with more.
Ramsin Khachi with Khachi Design Group
- If you have a dysfunctional shower stall, are there easy and cost effective ways to replace it and make it more usable? Ramsin Khachi is a nationally recognized design/build contractor and Canadian television personality. Celebrating 20 years of success in the industry, Khachi is renowned for generating creative solutions to problems facing the modern-day client.
Downtown Dining Week with The Parlour
- The Downtown Business Association presents the 12th Annual Downtown Dining Week, March 13-22, 2015. For ten days Downtown will become a foodie paradise as the amazing chefs in Downtown’s finest restaurants serve up sumptuous, multi-course meals at special prices.
Ten days. Three prices. Dozens of delectable meals.
Live at Strathcona High School
- Strathcona High School is holding a massive 24-hour bikeathon to raise money for two different charities as part of this year’s “Treehouse Project” campaign. 110 teams will each be responsible for continuously operating an exercise bike in the gym for a 24 hour period from noon on March 19 until noon on March 20.