Arié Moyal: Hug Train
- This is the sixth annual trip for the Hug Trai nand this year they’ve decided to film a documentary and share the experience and inspire people to take small actions. Emerging research shows that hugs are beneficial for overall physical and mental health, raising levels of the ‘love hormone’, oxytocin, elevating feelings of attachment, connection, trust and intimacy.
Denny Ross: Wants ReWalk Exoskeleton
- In 2010 Denny awoke to realize that he would never walk again. With a wife, two children and a third on the way his life changed forever. Things changed when he was chosen to participate in a research study using an exoskeleton called a ReWalk. This again changed everything for the Ross’ and Denny is trying to raise money to get one of his own.
Lauren White: Petitioning for Gay Straight Alliance
- She’s only 16 but isn’t new to tackling causes and helping others so this time Lauren is taking on the Catholic School Board in a quest to see Gay Straight Alliances accepted in her schools.
Robbie Oram: Mercer Tavern
- What’s better then a combination of spicy, sweet and succulent? Well not a heck of a lot! Robbie Oram from Mercer Tavern is here to cook us up something nice and tasty.
LIVE at Meals On Wheels
- Bridget is live on location – Edmonton Meals on Wheels is a local non-profit and registered charitable organization that provides home-delivered meal and food services to a diverse mix of people. We’re well known for our quality customer service, excellent meals and creative & innovative strategies that engage the community in various events, partnerships and volunteer opportunities. There is always something that you will be interested in; whether purchasing meals, volunteering or attending our events.
Amy Beaith making Toothpaste
- If you want to live a greener life, it may be easier than you think. We welcome Amy Beaith with tips on how to make your own toothpaste.
Savvy Do Gooder Christmas Crafts
- Dreaming of a green Christmas? It’s not always easy bit Nadine with the Savvy Do Gooder will help us navigate the most wasteful season with some recycled Christmas crafts.
Green Gift Guide
- Give the gift of green. We welcome David Dodge of Green energy Futures on to show us a few gifts that keep on giving back to planet earth.
LIVE at The Christmas Bureau Breakfast
- Bridget Ryan, of CityTV’s Breakfast Television, and Dentons’ Andy Hladyshevsky, Q.C. will co-host the event. No one will be safe and it should be great fun! All proceeds raised at the breakfast are used to help less fortunate families enjoy a festive meal at Christmas. This is an excellent opportunity to invite clients, associates and employees to come together in support of a great cause during the festive season.
Human Rights award recipient Marni Panas
- Marni Panas is easy to like. She’s friendly and chatty and funny. On Wednesday, International Human Rights Day, she’s receiving an award for paving the way for transgender people.
Prof. Tim Caulfield
- Stem cells got a bad rap for a number of years… but have we gone too far in the other direction? We welcome Tim Caulfield to discuss whether the science stands on certain stem cell treatments.
Gail Hall Hors d’Oeuvres for the Holidays
- Festive hors d’oeuvres for the holidays that just happen to be really tasty and healthy!.
LIVE at the Muttart Conservatory
- The Muttart Conservatory offers a year-round escape into the beauty of the world’s plant life. Vibrant, colourful, tranquil and inspirational, the pyramids’ display gardens are a welcome oasis for all. Designed by award-winning Canadian architect Peter Hemingway, the Muttart Conservatory officially opened in September 1976. The Muttart Foundation donated half of the Conservatory’s original $2 million construction cost. The City of Edmonton and the Province of Alberta provided the balance of funding.
Ryan and Bridget’s Guests
Good Morning from Churchill Square
- It’s the 5th Annual BT Christmas Tree show! Give-aways, donations and a bunch of fun from 5:30-9am!! Home Depot will be there, representatives from the Food Bank and Mayor Don Iveson is stopping by for a chat as well.
Christmas Morning Wife Saver
- One of the original Best of Bridge women is here to save Christmas morning! It’s a Canadian tradition. A Christmas morning breakfast you can put together the night before.
Matt Hendriks: Mixologist, Balkan Restaurant
- In honour of the Winterstart Festival in Banff Lake Louise, beginning November 29 to December 21, renowned local mixologist Matt Hendriks of Balkan Restaurant has created two signature Winterstart cocktails.
LIVE at McDougall Church
- Bridget is live on location with one of the greatest ensembles in the Country – Kokopelli Choir for their fabulous Christmas Concert – REJOICE – Two shows only on the 13th. Music will ring out through the entire morning!
Brett Blackwell: Senior Wealth Advisor, ScotiaMcLeod
- With another year coming to a close, we thought it might be a good time to reflect on some investing wisdom you should be thinking about as we move into 2015.
Ted Noakes: NAIT JR Shaw School of Business
- Does a gift card offer more bang for your Christmas buck? Should you give up on trying to find the perfect gift? We welcome Ted Noakes from the JR Shaw School of Business.
- She’s a staple in this city’s blogging community. All your Christmas baking in a morning with BT and Karlynn Johnston
LIVE at Canada Post Plant
- Bridget will be live on location this AM showing behind the scenes at one of the busiest days of of the year for Canada Post. Talking deadlines, proper packing techniques and of course – how to send a letter to the big guy in the red suit so that he WILL write back to you!
Holiday Viral Marketing Campaigns
- ‘Tis the season to go viral. We welcome Raymond Bilodeau from NAIT to talk about the big holiday videos and the power of going viral.
Ryan Carr: Toy Expert, Mastermind Toys
- Treats for the tots the promote learning and will drag them away from the video games.
Our Generation Dolls & Accessories ($29.99 – $139.99) Ages 3+
Destined to become your child’s newest best friend, the Our Generation collection features 18″ dolls and stylish, seasonal fashions and accessories that they will love – all at an incredible value.
Gravity Maze ($39.99), Ages 8+
This gravity powered logic maze is sure to put your visual perception and reasoning skills to the test. The colourful, translucent towers can be arranged in a variety of visually stimulating structures but, for each challenge, you’ll have to think carefully to build a path that will successfully carry your marble to its target. 60 challenges, ranging in difficulty, will give you plenty of creative building time while you maneuver the maze in your mind.
Indoor Snowball Shield Set ($24.99), Ages 6+
A fun way to enjoy the action of a snowball fight indoors, any time of the year! You and a friend can duel with the two inflatable snow shields and six indoor snowballs included. The shields are light making them perfect for protecting you from spontaneous indoor snowballs attacks.
Beliz ($19.99), Ages 6+
Let fun RING! Players use the magnet to pick up bells of only one colour. Make a string off the end of the magnet wand or create a cluster, just don’t pick up bells of any other colour or your turn is over! The first player to collect all 10 bells is the winner!
Litehawk Apex RC Motorcycle ($49.99) Ages 8+
The newest in RC – the APEX RC Motorcycle! Fully working front fork and rear swing arm suspension, mechanical gyro stabilization gives APEX super control, even at low speeds & the soft rubber tires ensure maximum grip through tight corners.
Squigz Deluxe Set ($57.99) Ages 3+
Apply pressure to two Squigz. Air rushes out and the fun rushes in! Connecting to each other and to any solid, non-porous surface – Squigz are a species all their own. They flex. They stick. They suck people into creativity. Once they take hold, it takes some pull to separate them. When Squigz POP! in protest – you’ll have to admit… your hands and ears are shamelessly delighted!
Fashion Plates Deluxe Design Set ($29.99) Ages 6+
The classic mix and match fashion drawing set is back and better than ever! The new Fashion Plates™ design set makes it easy and fun for aspiring designers to create their own fabulous fashion designs. Create one-of-a-kind looks by combining the different rubbing plates together into the new Fashion Plates™ tablet. With just a few passes of the rubbing tool, your design transfers to your sketch paper. Adding colours and detail to your new look is a snap with the included artists pencils and the fashion textures built into the back of each Fashion Plate. The stylish portfolio case neatly stores your tablet, plates and tools making it easy to take your designs and fashions on the go!
Power-Up 3.0 Airplane Conversion Kit ($59.99), Ages 8+ (Mastermind Toy Exclusive)
Origami meets technology! Turn your self-made paper airplane into a smartphone-controlled flying machine! Simply fold a piece of copier paper into a paper airplane and attach the Smart Module with the patented clips. Start the app to connect to the Smart Module with your iPhone. Push throttle to full and launch the paper airplane high up into the sky. Tilt your smartphone to the left or to the right to steer your plane, increase or reduce throttle to go up or down.
Sands Alive 5LB Indoor Sandbox Set with Tools and Tray ($79.99) Ages 3+
Introducing an amazing and unique play material: SANDS ALIVE! Consisting of sand and other natural ingredients, the only way to describe the feeling of this material is sublime! Sands Alive is 100% organic and never dries out. It is non-toxic, bacteria free, water soluble, and is soft to the touch when you mould it, squish it, and can be played with again and again!
B.Mat-A-Matics ($49.99) Ages 3+
Soft, fold away floor mat comes with tons of fun features: Musical notes glow as you step in time to the music, bounce around making crazy combinations of the silliest sounds, or simply play your favorite nursery songs.
Digbirds ($12.99), Ages 5+
Introducing the new singing sensations, DigiBirds: colourful little interactive birds that sing to you! The DigiBirds mimic real birds through their head and beak movement while singing and tweeting. Blow on the DigiBird to start it tweeting or whistle for your bird to start singing! Can’t whistle? No problem, simply blow into the whistle included in the bird stand. Collect more than one DigiBird and start a choir through the chorus mode!
Shane Chartrand: Executive Chef, River Cree Casino
- So new season of CHOPPED is coming out in January… and you might recognize a friendly face on their. We welcome our pal Chef Shane Chartrand to talk about his experience on the popular show and cook up a black box.
LIVE at Holiday CPR Train
- Bridget visits the holiday train, which is currently rolling through the province raising money and awareness for some of our greatest charities – the Edmonton Food Bank amongst one of them! Every year, our Holiday Trains travel through dozens of communities, raising food and cash donations for North American food banks.
Jeannie Vaage: Etiquette Consultant
- What do you do if an acquaintance hands you a beautifully wrapped Christmas present…and you have nothing to give back. How about handling drinking responsibly at a work function? Holiday etiquette tips from Jeannie on today’s show!
Jenna Pryor: Plum Design
- Jenna Pryor shows us how to dress your Fireplace mantle for Christmas in two styles–traditional and modern. New mixed with old, store bought mashed with DIY.
Sergio Turlione: Rigoletto’s Cafe
- He’s a favourite on this show… and he’s coming on to cook up something tasty. Can’t go wrong today on the program with Surgio Turlione.
LIVE at The Little Sweatshop
- Don’t judge a book by it’s cover and this Sweatshop is a fitness facility dedicated for the little ones! Get active to create the base for a healthy lifestyle for the rest of their lives.