- For a group that was filled with six new faces, city council sure made short work of the civic budget. We speak to first-time councillor Andrew Knack about what it was like being in budget deliberations for the first time.
BT Mexico challenge
- Two families compete to win the grand prize. One family is Team Sombrero and one family is Team Tequila.
Elmo Makes Music
Edmonton Expo Centre
On Location at Hosanna Lutheran Church
- Bridget is spending the morning with the Greenwood Singers, as they gear up for their concert – The Many Moods of Christmas! In its annual holiday tradition, Greenwood Singers, under the direction of Robert de Frece, along with Snyder & Associates LLP and CKUA Radio, explore the many facets of music for the Christmas Season with The Many Moods of Christmas. The choir will be joined by the University of Alberta Faculty of Education Handbell Ringers, organist Marnie Giesbrecht, pianist Helen Stuart, bassist Jeff Johnson and percussionist Brian Thurgood. This concert kicks off the choir’s 34th Season and will see the launch of the choir’s new Christmas CD – It is Good to Be Merry: An A Cappella Christmas Celebration.
The Many Moods of Christmas
Monday, December 9
First Presbyterian Church -
10025 105 St
Tickets for The Many Moods of Christmas are $20 for Adults and $18 for Students/Seniors (plus agency fees) and are available from TIX on the Square (9930 102 Avenue) 780.420.1757 or www.tixonthesquare.ca choir members and at the door.
- Objects speak louder than words… but do objects? As a preview to tonight’s TEDx Women event, we have Julie Rak with her talk on how male dominance is even apparent in our climbing gear.
- It’s the festive time of the year and that means finger foods. We’ll show you the ins and outs of some cheesy holiday treats after the break.
On The Spot Crafts
- There’s nothing like Home-made for the holidays! Marissa with On the Spot will make sure your dreams of a crafty Christmas can come true.
A Merry Mercer Collective
Dec. 7-8th, 10am – 4pm
Live at Ronald McDonald House
- Bridget is spending the morning with the Ronald McDonald house as a part of their 15 days of togetherness! Ronald McDonald House® Northern Alberta provides a home away from home and support for sick children and their families. Since opening in 1985, the purpose of the House has remained the same: keeping families together while the child is being treated for illness in a compassionate and comfortable, home-like atmosphere.
Fill the F-150
is support of the Ronald McDonald House
Save On Foods
For more on the 15 Days of Togetherness
- For years and years, the Cornflake Breakfast was a mainstay in the city of Edmonton. Now, YESS has shifted gears to more of a community focused event. It’s called YESS Champion’s Day.
Kid’s Holiday fashion
- Featuring three of Edmonton’s top children’s boutiques (Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes, Princess and the Pea and Alligator Pie) we showcase kid’s winter fashion.
Avoid Holiday Weakness
- We all have our Holiday Weaknesses. But is there a way we can “cheat” in the right direction? Dietitian Hélène Charlebois has a few tips to survive the holidays–with our waistline in tact.
Live at West Edmonton Christian Assembly
- Bridget is on her way to Bethlehem! Well, the recreatation of Bethlehem… 2000 years ago in West Edmonton’s Christian Assembly Church 11,640 square foot gymnasium.
- Christmas comes to life as all of Edmonton is invited to taste, see and feel the story of that first Christmas night. The Bethlehem Walk recreates the town of Bethlehem in our 11,640 square foot gymnasium. Please support the Edmonton Food Bank and World Vision with non-perishable donations at the door. Admission is FREE!
4th Annual Bethlehem Walk Dates
Thursday, December 5: 5:30pm-9pm
Friday, December 6: 5:30pm-9pm
Saturday, December 7: 1pm-4:00pm; 5:30pm-9pm
Sunday, December 8: 1pm-4:00pm; 5:30pm-9pm
Monday, December 9: 5:30pm-9:pm
Ryan and Bridget’s Guests
BT Christmas Tree Show and Sale
Edmonton Food Bank
- Works collaboratively with more than 200 agencies, churches and food depots throughout Edmonton, such as the Salvation Army, Operation Friendship, The Mustard Seed, Our House Addiction Recovery and the George Spady Centre. These agencies receive food from our warehouse to assist their clients.
- We are constantly inspired by the wealth of seasonal ingredients available in Alberta along with the people and stories behind them. In the pursuit of a community dining experience we’ve developed relationships with farmers and producers by launching a series of dinners held at Edmonton area farms. What better way to celebrate eating than gathering at the rural range roads where our food is grown?
RGE RD – untamed cuisine
Tree Decorating Contest
- It’s our famous Christmas tree decorating showdown. Tune in to see two of the most tuned up trees you’ve ever seen, courtesy of Cory Christopher and MoJo Design Inc.
Holy Family Glee
- He’s known for his hockey anthem that replaced the Hockey Night in Canada theme. But he’s known for his Christmas spirit, too. When we come back, the Colin Oberst Choir keeps our spirits warm on this cold day.
- We welcome the big guy himself to the show to check in with some kids to see who’s been naughty or nice.
Monday – Saturday: 11 am – 4 pm
5 pm – 8 pm
Sunday: Noon – 5 pm
Christmas Eve: 11 am – 3 pm
On Mondays in December, 20% of all sales for Santa photos go to the Edmonton Public Schools Foundation.
- A piece of Alberta’s aviation history that was on the brink of being destroyed is now at its new home in Villeneuve Friday. Aviation Museum Executive Director Tom Hinderks tells the story of the plane made its journey.
Live at Edmonton International Airport FedEx Hangar
- Last year FedEx shipped 19.8 million packages worldwide! Join Bridget for a behind the scenes look as FEd Ex gears up to ship over 22 million packages and just what happens to your delivery before it makes it to your door!
Heathy Rhino Fitness Challenge Wrap
- For the last 3 months we have been taking part in the Healthy Rhino, Ryan Morrow joins us this morning to annouce the winner. Will it be Team BT or Team City?
- He played a struggling band manager on the hit HBO series Flight of the Conchords. Now he’s in Edmonton for astint on the standup stage. We welcome Rhys Darby.
Scott McKeen Shave
- It’s the most marvelous moustache on City Council. Scott McKeen’s ‘stache goes bye bye live on BT after Movember donors met his $1,000 minimum requirement!
Movember Make-Up Madness!
Friday, Movember 29th
Hudson’s Bay City Centre
The Mo Show – Movember Photoshoot
Shadow Box Studios @ 9267-50st [second floor, above Crystal Glass]
Fri, Nov 29, Sat, Nov 30, Sun, Dec 1 — 11AM-10PM
www.shadowboxstudios.ca or contact Scott 780-966-0167.
$5 from each session donated to the Movember Foundation.
On Location at Jason Carter’s Carving Studio
- The day kicks off a special gallery art show, ‘The Trickster Series’, featuring works by Jason Carter, one of Alberta’s most prolific visual artists. Take a literal step into the world of this trickster character with brand-new stone and canvas works inspired by the Boo books. Included in this series are 10 new rabbit sculptures in various forms of soapstone, wonderstone, chlorite and alabaster, as well as 20 new paintings depicting the scenery and friends of Boo. ‘The Trickster Series’ is on display for a limited time, November 30 – December 5, 2013.
Who Is Boo 2 continues the story of a perpetually curious rabbit who is in a continual race around the world with his brother, and along the way, meets many animals. The title character is inspired by Nanabozho, a trickster figure in Ojibwe mythology, but the story itself is inspired from the trickster characters prevalent in all ethnicities.
Who is Boo 2:
The continuing Adventures of One Trickster Rabbit
Tomorrow, Saurday November 30
@ The Bearclaw Galley
The Trickster Series
Tomorrow- December 5
The Bearclaw Gallery
Rt. Hon. Joe Clark
- It’s seen as an urgent call for political change in our country. Rt. Hon. Joe Clark will join us to talk about his new book, The Way We Lead.
Live at the Shaw Conference Centre
- Bridget is spending the morning at one of Edmonton’s most beloved Christmas Festival… The Festival of Trees! The Festival of Trees supports the life-saving and changing care at the University of Alberta Hospital, the Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute and the Kaye Edmonton Clinic.
Festival of Trees
Shaw Conference centre
On Now- Sunday December 1
Admission prices include:
Over 100 decorated trees and seasonal displays, many of which are designed by Edmontontians
Unique holiday shopping in our Gift & Sweet Shops
A variety of children’s activities
Great local entertainment
Special rates for activities on Family Night and Seniors’ Day
Social Media Job Hunt
- What is a twesume and does anybody actually conduct twinterviews? To make sense of the social media job hunt lanscape, we have Ray Bilideau from the NAIT School of Business.
Gluten Free Baking
- Gluten free guests got you stumped? Not sure how to keep celiacs from getting sick? We have Oliva on with some gluten free baking that’ll leave your guests satisfied and feeling fine.
Edmonton Christmas Show Magician
- He is in town for the Edmonton Christmas Show and this morning he performs his magic on BT.
On Location at Old Strathcona Whyte Christmas
- Bridget checks out Whyte Christmas in Old Strathcona. Over 600 shops, restaurants, services and entertainment venues to help get those items checked off of your gift giving list.
YELP Shops Local
Noon – 5pm
Whyte Christmas in Old Strathcona!
Now til Dec 24
Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest: @oldstrathcona