Ryans & Bridgets’s Guests
LIVE at Red Deer Arena
- Rogers Hometown Hockey in Red Deer. The rolling hills of Red Deer are home to the country’s grandest Midget AAA hockey dynasty, the Red Deer Optimist Chiefs. The Optimist Chiefs have won five-straight provincial championships. The Junior A, Red Deer Rustlers is the team that each six Sutter boys (Brian, Darryl, Duane, Brent, Ron and Rich) began their junior careers on.
Tara Veer: Mayor, Red Deer
- Red Deer is getting on the map with successful bids to host major athletic events, including the 2015 Esso Cup, the 2016 MasterCard Memorial Cup, and the 2019 Canada Winter Games. Rogers very own Ron McLean even has deep seeded roots in Red Deer. Tara Veer shares her excitement about Rogers HTH making a pit stop in her town.
Shane Hastings: Coach Red Deer Atoms
- This is the best part about Home Town Hockey, local talent and stories. Red Deer Atom AA Sheraton Chiefs Shane Hastings talks to Ryan and Bridget and his 16 players all from the city of Red Deer.
Tanner Fandrey: Sledge Hockey
- Tanner Fandrey is a 18 year old Red Deer Native who has played sports his entire life. He began playing adaptive sports after being diagnosed with Avascular Necrosis in 2009 and Ankylosing Spondylitis in 2012. Having a disability has never slowed him down and he has been able to compete on the international circuit as a Para-Alpine Sit Skier with Team Alberta as well as having continued playing his favourite sport, hockey, the past four seasons as a sledge hockey player including receiving the Gold Medal at the New England Invitational Sled Hockey tournament in 2013.
Brian Sutter: NHL Alumni
- Brian Sutter is a retired hockey forward and former head coach in the NHL. Brian is the second oldest of the famous Sutter brothers and the oldest of the six that played in the NHL. His jersey, #11, was retired by the St. Louis Blues on December 30, 1988 and he was awarded the Jack Adams title for Best Coach in the league in 1991.
Todd Thiessen: President, Red Deer Minor Hockey
- Todd is joined by Brandin Cote, the Head Coach of the Optimist Chiefs the two talk shop with Ryan inside of the Red Deer arena.
Carla and Courtney’s Guests
Mike Yawney: How to build your own cobweb gun
- No one does Halloween like the pros in Hollywood. Special effects artists know how to create horrific Halloween props. One of the most difficult to do is cobwebs – or is it? City’s technology specialist Mike Yawney has discovered how the pros at Universal and Disney create them – and shows us how to build your very own cobweb gun.
Tasia Papulkas: Make-up artist
- The best part about Halloween is that is chic to be as scary as you possibly can, scary or grotesque. Tasia joins us in studio to show us how to make a pustule from scratch. Yum!
Jo-Ann Yewchuk: Fine Frostings
- Spooky Monster Cupcakes with a spooky surprise inside, and Oreo Eyeballs! Jo-Ann and some special guests will be making a selection of deliciously spooky treats.
- You’ve seen the good the bad and the ugly when it comes to Pinterest projects. Ashley Docking is in studio to see if Bridget and Ryan are up to the task of concocting some creepy crafts.
- Krista Deady of The Willows Trio are here in honour of the Movember launch, we welcome some Mo…st gracious musicians to sing a song dedicated to the moustachioed man in your life.
Linda Bodo: Eco-Deco Designer
- From terrific to terrifying. We have Eco-Deco Designer Linda Bodo to show you some last minute creative ideas to stir up some fright. . Tune in for some ugly upcycled crafts you can make to get yourself ready for tomorrow.
Previously Recorded @ McEwan University Open House
- Bridget heads down to Grant MacEwan University to talk about their open house on Saturday Nov. 1
Plum Home + Design
- Positively spooky décor ideas for the coming holiday. We welcome Jenna Pryor with Plum for some creepy crafts and deadly DIY.
Don Iveson: Mayor of Edmonton
- It’s been one year since swearing in as the Mayor of Edmonton, Don Iveson is here to talk about what his done so far and what his plans on going forward.
BT Bachelor Canada Panel
- Trevor, Katy and Ashley join Ryan to talk about the latest instalment of the Bachelor. Tim is down to two girls and let’s face it with this panel we talk about every but the actual show.
LIVE at A. Blair McPherson School
- Dr David Suzuki was in town last night for the Blue Dot Tour. This morning he joins Bridget and young scientists at A.Blair McPherson. On his last mission, David Suzuki is traveling the country with the Blue Dot movement in order to get environmental protection recognized as our right in the Canadian Charter of Rights
Chaldeans Mensah: Political Scientist
- Political Scientist Chaldeans is in to break down the results of last nights by-elections and what it means to Albertans going forward under Jim Prentice and friends.
LIVE at SportBall at the Saville Sports Centre
- By applying our methodology, Sportball helps children to develop socially as well as physically, through a curriculum designed to reinforce self-confidence free from the pressure of competition. In our programs, children from 16 months to 12 years of age, are provided with a skills-driven, high-energy and fun-filled curriculum.
Blanket Alberta in Warmth
- Heather McCallum with Edmonton Emergency Relief Services is here to talk about the work that she does in the Edmonton Community and how you can lend a helping hand as the temperatures drop in the coming weeks. With a donation Supercuts in Edmonton, Fort Saskatchewan or Sherwood Park. have promised a discount for anyone donating a blanket. You can leave the covers at any firehall or at the organizations warehouse.
Blanket Albert in Warmth Warehouse.
10255 – 104 St, Monday
Thurs 9-4, Friday 9-3
Lorraine Swift: SPUD Edmonton
- Healthy eating can be fun if you get the family involved. Get the kids to help create healthy Halloween treats with the help of Sustainable Produce Urban Delivery (SPUD) is now on the ground in Edmonton, delivering local and organic groceries to doorsteps throughout the city.
Styled by Simons
- Janis Galloway a Simons Stylist is joining Ryan in studio to give you the final word on women’s fall trends and how too wear them. Midi-length skirts, pastels and leopard prints are all in play.
LIVE at City Archives
- Edmonton, what a rich history you have and who better to sift through it than Bridget Ryan! She’s out on location at the City Archives to find out what information she can drum up that will blow your mind that is Halloween related. Kathryn Ivany, Supervisor, City Archives is her guide this morning.
Hockey Fights Cancer
- Jenny Scrivens, with Ronald McDonald House, and teacher Lauren Rodych are in studio to talk about the Oilers initiative to raise money for Kids with Cancer organization. Limited Edition mittens will be on sale in the concourse today in support of this fantastic cause.
- City wants to remove the love locks on High Level Bridge, a local locksmith Martin Badke is offering to help out Edmonton’s sweetheart.
Rocky Mountain Food and Wine Festival
- Wes Greer from The Melting Pot is in with a couple of great menu items that they will be preparing for you to sample at The Rocky Mountain Wine and Food Festival.
Live at Bras Across The Bridge
- On Friday, October 24, 91.7 The Bounce will cover the High Level Bridge in thousands of bras for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The radio station has teamed up with the Alberta Cancer Foundation (ACF) to raise funds and awareness for the cause. For every bra donated, The Bounce will contribute one dollar to the ACF. This fund raiser was started in 2006.
Mary-Kay Messier: The First Shift
- Canada is the birth place of hockey but 90% of kids don’t play the game. A new program led by Mary Kay Messier (mark Messier’s sister, aims to change that.
Paul Joosse, PhD: Terrorism expert, University of Alberta
- Yesterday’s shooting on Parliament Hill and Monday’s hit-and-run of Canadian Forces Officers (one killed) has Canadians asking: Is this the new normal? Paul talks to Ryan on what these attacks mean for our Country going forward.
Samantha Medina: Animal Trainer, Earth Rangers
- What do an armadillo, an American kestrel and a falcon have in common? They’re up next on BT As we welcome the Earth Rangers.
Tara Whitten: Olympic Bronze Medalist
- Want to know what it takes to become an Olympic-level athlete? We have bronze medallist Tara Whitten in with Chef Ryan to whip up something in the kitchen. The duo are also here to talk about the ‘Gold Medal Plates’ dinner.
Chef Ryan’s Twitter: @OFlynnRyan
Live at Boo at the Zoo
- Spend some spooky time with the animals at the Edmonton Valley Zoo’s annual Halloween celebration! Boo at the Zoo will feature a Spooky Treat Stop Scavenger Hunt, the Pumpkin Patch Prize Hunt and a chance for the brave of heart to walk through the Extinct Animal Graveyard or into the Spooky Witch Den! Don’t forget to wear your costume and bring your trick or treat bag!
October 27, 2014
Edmonton Valley Zoo
13315 Buena Vista Road
Ted Bishop, Author, The Social Life of Ink
- There’s more history coming out of your pen than you can possible imagine. We welcome Ted Bishop, author of the Social Life of Ink, to tell you just how much has gone into making a working pen over the years.
Book launch at Edmonton LitFest
Stanley A. Milner Library from 7-9 pm
Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for students,
Cassy Meier: Wardrobe Stylist
- Fashion through the fall and into winter. We welcome Cassy Meier with some tips on how to keep your fashionable edge.. even when you’re freezing your buns off.
BT Bachelor Panel
- Home towns are on the horizon and Tim decides to go against the grain when a secret is revealed. Trevor, Katy, and Ryan are joined by Ashley to get you caught up on all the gossip.
LIVE at Tix On The Square
- To promote local artists and theatre season’s coming up – probably one of the greatest places to visit in the downtown core to celebrate the arts (visual, performing, dance, ect) in the city of the Edmonton and all will be represented this morning with Bridget on remote!